The goodwill, we have gained in the market is due to our offered Dipotassium EDTA, which is accurately formulated under the strict supervision of our industry experts. Processed using top grade chemical compounds in our well-equipped processing unit, this chemical is used in textile, agriculture, pharmaceutical, photography, boiler and other industries for laboratory reagent, food & beverages, cosmetics, plant growth, water treatment, soaps & detergents, etc. Clients can avail this Dipotassium EDTA from us at industry leading prices.
- Dipotassium EDTA is a derivative of Ethylenediamine Tetraacetic Acid.
- Ethylenediamine Tetraacetic Acid is a Sequestering / Chelating Agent. EDTA is a synthetic amino acid. It is widely known as EDTA. It is a white powder. EDTA Acid is insoluble in water. It is also named as Ethylenediamine Tetraacetate. It is widely used to dissolve Metallic Impurities. There are various Salts / Derivatives of EDTA.
- EDTA is widely recognized as effective Sequestering Agent. EDTA grabs metallic cation such as Lead or Calcium from the process and forms a stable compound that is then excreted from the system. The stability of this bond is vital to get the success in removing the inorganic impurities out of the system. If the bond is weak, other chemicals can break this bond to form their own compounds.
Synthesis / Manufacturing Process of EDTA
The compound was first prepared in 1935 by Ferdinand Munz, who prepared the compound from Ethylenediamine (EDA) and Monochloroacetic acid.Today, EDTA is synthesized on an industrial scale from Ethylenediamine (EDA), Formaldehyde, and Sodium cyanide (NaCN). The sodium salt of EDTA forms first in both processes and then can be converted to the acid form.
Specifications of Dipotassium EDTA
Uses / Application of Dipotassium EDTA
- Product Name : Dipotassium EDTA.
- Product Code : E010.
- Product Category : Ethylene Diamine Tetra Acetic Acid Derivatives.
- CAS No. : 2001-94-7 (Anhydrous); 25102-12-9 (Dihydrate).
- HSN No. : 29173990.
- Synonyms : Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid Dipotassium.
- N,N'-1,2-ethanediylbis(N-(carboxymethyl)glycine) edetic acid Dipotassium Salt.
- Molecular Formula : [CH2NCH2COOCH2COOK]2.2H2O.
- Molecular Structure
- Molecular Weight : 404.47.
- Appearance : White Fine Crystalline Powder.
- Solubility : Soluble In Water, Clear Solution.
- Assay : 99.0% Min.
- pH : 4.0 - 6.5.
- Density : 1.566 g/cm3.
- Packing : 25 Kg. HDPE Bags / Drums.
Dipotassium EDTA is a Sequestering Agent, which is used in various Industries such as Pharmaceutical, Photography, Textile, Boiler Turbine scale removal, Agriculture as a Micronutrient for Plant Growth, Water Treatment, Laboratory Reagent, Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Soaps & Detergents, etc.
It is used for removing unwanted inorganic impurities present in the system, which helps in getting superior performance & cost saving.