- Unit of Measure :
Owing to our client-centric and innovative business approach, we have been consistently gratifying our esteemed clients by offering EDTA Pure Acid. Insoluble in water, this acid is widely used to dissolve metallic impurities. Finds application in industries such as pharmaceutical, photography, textile and agriculture, this sequestering agent can be available in different packaging options. In addition to this, our offered EDTA Pure Acid is highly acknowledged and demanded for its below mentioned attributes:
- Precise pH value
- Long shelf life
- Accurate composition
EDTA Pure Acid
Ethylenediamine Tetraacetic Acid is a Sequestering / Chelating Agent. EDTA is a synthetic amino acid. It is widely known as EDTA. It is a white powder. It is also named as Ethylenediamine Tetraacetate.
EDTA is widely recognized as effective Sequestering Agent. EDTA grabs metallic cation such as Lead or Calcium from the process and forms a stable compound that is then excreted from the system. The stability of this bond is vital to get the success in removing the inorganic impurities out of the system. If the bond is weak, other chemicals can break this bond to form their own compounds.
Synthesis / Manufacturing process of EDTA
The compound was first prepared in 1935 by Ferdinand Munz, who prepared the compound from Ethylenediamine (EDA) and Monochloroacetic acid.Today, EDTA is synthesized on an industrial scale from Ethylenediamine (EDA), Formaldehyde, and Sodium cyanide (NaCN). The sodium salt of EDTA forms first in both processes and then can be converted to the acid form.
Specifications of EDTA Pure Acid
- Product Name : EDTA Pure Acid.
- Product Code : E001.
- Product Category : Ethylene Diamine Tetra Acetic Acid Derivatives.
- CAS No. : 60-00-04.
- HSN No. : 29173990.
- Synonyms : Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid,
- N,N'-1,2-ethanediylbis(N-(carboxymethyl)glycine) edetic acid,
- Ethylenedinitrilotetracetate, Metaclaw, Trilon BS,
- Versene Acid, Dissolvine, Titriplex, etc.
- Molecular Formula : C10H16N2O8.
- Molecular Structure
- Molecular Weight : 292.0.
- Appearance : White Crystalline Powder.
- Solubility : Insoluble In Water, Soluble in Alkalies.
- Assay : 99.0% Min.
- Chelation Value as mg. of CaCO3 : 330.0.
- Packing : 25 Kg. HDPE Bags / Drums.
- Application - fertilisers, leather, paints, pulp & paper, soaps & detergents industry, oil drilling.
Uses / Application of EDTA Pure Acid
Micronutrient for Plant Growth, Water Treatment, Laboratory Reagent, Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Soaps & Detergents, etc. It is used for removing unwanted inorganic impurities present in the system, which helps in getting superior performance & cost saving.
3, 4, Saurabh Cooperative Housing Society, 65, TPSV, Prarthana Samaj Road, Near Prarthana Samaj High School, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400057, India